Environmental and Sustainability Policy
At Intake we fully recognise the importance of sustainability and environmental responsibility in performing our activities. Our approach aims to implement best practices to reduce the impact of our operations on the environment and people. We regard environmental sustainability as the responsible use and management of the planet’s resources to ensure that they remain available and uncompromised for future generations to use and enjoy. The overall ambition within environmental responsibility is to protect the environment by actively trying to reduce our own environmental impact, as well as to reduce resource utilisation.
- Integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- Ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Environmental and Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- Make partners and any party related to Intake aware of our Environmental and Sustainability Policy and encourage them to adopt sustainable management practices.
- Comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations, and codes of practice.
- Review annually the Environmental and Sustainability Policy impact and continually improve our sustainability performance.
Consumption of Resources
Intake will adopt sustainable management practices to minimise the use of paper and other office consumables, identifying opportunities to reduce waste and reduce the energy consumption of office equipment. Intake will apply the 3Rs Policy (reduce, re-use, and recycle) regarding the used and unused material, including paper, computer supplies, and redundant equipment.
- Reduce: Reducing the amount of material by increasing the efficiency of resource use, extending the useful life of products, and improving the forecasting of material to be acquired.
- Re-use: Using the recyclable resources from used and unused material as products or parts after giving them proper treatment.
- Recycle: Collecting, separating, and disposing of all the material that cannot be used/re-used, at a drop-off centre for recycling.
Travel and Meetings Practices
- Intake will encourage all staff to walk, bike, and/or use public transportation to attend meetings, site visits, and other events, except in exceptional circumstances where the alternatives are impractical and/or cost-prohibitive.
- Include the full costs of more sustainable forms of transportation in our financial proposals, rather than the lowest-cost option that may involve traveling by car or plane.
- Avoid physically traveling to meetings where practical alternatives are available, such as the use of video-conferencing. This option is also often more time-efficient, without sacrificing the benefits of regular contact with partners.
- Reduce the need for our staff to travel by supporting alternative work arrangements, including working from home.